Neurodiverse = neurodivergent = neurovariant.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Auditory processing disorder
- Visual processing disorder
Neurodiverse minds are not:
- Inferior to neurotypical minds
- The same from person to person
- Not all autistic people are socially awkward
- The same from situation to situation
- A dyslexic person may find reading easy enough when they are well rested and in a quiet space
- Make our content accessible from the start so you don't have to ask to be included
- Provide enough variety that contradictory accessibility needs are met
- For example, we have this Concise Neurodiverse User's Guide for people who need short chunks of content, and the Detailed Neurodiverse User's Guide for people who need everything spelled out specifically.