These installation and activation instructions apply to the Maple mathematics software provided by SUNY Empire to students registered in courses where this software is used and to instructors teaching those courses.
1. To verify that your computer system meets the minimum requirements for the Maple software, visit https://www.maplesoft.com/products/system_requirements.aspx.
2. Go to the IT Service Desk Maple Software Request page and enter select "Request Maple Software."
3. Fill out the request form with your information.
4. Select the version of Maple you want. If you already have Maple, you may get an access code to continue using the version you have for the next year. If you do not already have Maple and/or if you wish to upgrade to the newest version, you may do so. Please note that, as of the moment, no courses are using any features that are version specific, so it is immaterial what version you select. Once you have selected the version you want, press submit in the upper right-hand corner.
6. You will receive an e-mail with the information needed for a Maple download or a new code if that is all you requested. There is no charge.
7. Once you receive an email from ITS, follow the directions for your computer.
8. The remaining installation instructions for Windows (pages 3-10), Mac (pages 11-17), and Linux (pages 18-24) are found here: https://www.maplesoft.com/documentation_center/maple2018/Maple2018.pdf
For those more technically inclined, further installation and customization information is found here: https://www.maplesoft.com/support/install/2018/Maple2018-Install.html
***If you have problems installing or activating Maple, or other similar technical issues, you should:
1) Re-read the system requirements and installation instructions on the Maple website. 2) As a matter of general practice, if the install fails to complete: Reboot your computer, attempt to remove any vestiges of the failed installation using the standard Remove Software or uninstall options, and attempt the installation again. 3) Visit the Maplesoft FAQ support page. 4) If the installation still fails, it is possible that your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements.
All questions regarding the use of Maple (all math related or problem-solving questions) should go to your instructor.
More information at these pages: 1: License, Activation, and Version Upgrade 2: Documentation and Online Help for Maple
Please note: If you need to request accommodations with content linked to on this guide or with your Maplesoft Software, on the basis of a disability, please contact Accessibility Resources and Services by emailing them. Requests for accommodations should be submitted as early as possible to allow for sufficient planning. If you have questions, please visit the Accessibility Resources and Services website.